Corona Virus Update
The current British Horse Society guidelines advise mostly normal operation with just smaller groups of riders and a thorough cleaning schedule. We, however, have felt increasingly uncomfortable this last week with how things have been developing.
We have therefore decided that as of today, Monday the 23rd of March Snowdonia Riding Stables Ltd will no longer be offering hacks out until further notice. We are situated just outside a small village with an older population and feel that inviting groups of people poses unnecessary risk to those most vulnerable.
Melissa will still be sole trading, and we will be running private lessons with existing customers. In addition to this, we would like to offer emergency Full Livery to any who are self-isolating and currently keep their horse away from home. Transport can be arranged if required, please contact the yard for any enquiries.
We will of course be honouring any existing vouchers, offering extensions where necessary. If you have any upcoming bookings with us please get in contact to rearrange.
Lastly, we would like to thank all those who have offered their help and support at this difficult time, and hope to be open again as soon as we are comfortable to do so.
Rhosgoch Cottage is beautiful semi-detached character Welsh cottage dating back to c.1870s. It is situated on the outskirts of the village in a rural location (with small private lake), some 5 minutes drive from the medieval town of Caernarfon which is dominated by its magnificent Edwardian Castle.
The village of Waunfawr has a pub/hotel, take-away, riding stables and is home to the new Welsh Narrow Gauge Highland Railway which runs all the way to Porthmadog.
The beaches at Dinas Dinlle and Anglesey are easily accessible and Mount Snowdon is only a 15 minute drive away. The river Gwyrfai is only 300 yards away - with fishing rights (own licence required).
It is a great area for walking and cycling - there is an official cycle track nearby.
- Private parking.
- Fields for children to play.
- Patio area with table and chairs and charcoal barbecue.
- Partially central heated (Economy 7).
- Pond which is home to a variety of wildlife such as wild ducks, snipe, moorhen and a heron. Note children must be accompanied by an adult when in the vicinity of the pond.
- The property has horses held in a separate field area, away from the children's playing field between May and October.
- Lounge with colour TV, SKY with full sports package, video and DVD player, 2 x 2-seater sofas, large ingle-nook with multi-fuel log burner.
- Kitchen/Diner (incl. electric cooker, washing machine, microwave, fridge/freezer, Welsh Dresser; dining table/chairs).
- Bathroom with electric shower above the bath, toilet and washbasin.
- 4 Bedrooms (1 x double), (1 x single), (1 x twin), (1 x single). Please note that the latter two bedrooms are croglofts - ideal for teenagers/older children but unsuitable for the very young or old/infirm as they are reached by rather steep open plan staircase.
- All bed linned is provided free.
Page Updated: 25/05/18